SEO Guide For The Beginners
Measure, Prioritize, & Execute SEO
Measure your effort for betterment. It is a universal statement and valid for your SEO efforts as well.
SEO includes everything starting from ranking, conversion to lost links, everything. Hence, measuring the impact of your SEO plan and improving it is significant to achieve success over the search engine. It also helps you understand and revolve your priorities if any particular strategy is not working.
Set a Goal – Get Started
Every website has multiple goals. But introducing a definite primary goal is essential. Moreover, to set that specific goal, you need to convey your business motivation to your website as well as customers’ demands. Here are a few suggestions that will help you set a primary goal, additional goals, and a touchstone for your website.
- Measure your strategies. If you cannot measure, you cannot improve.
- Be specific to your marketing goals, SEO planning. Do not let the uncertain marketing strategies ruin your online presence.
- Share your goals among your potential clients. Studies show, sharing ideas and aim with your target audience help generate interest.
Measure Visitor Behaviour
It is vital to measure what your visitors think about your website. Some common SEO indicators would help you understand their behaviour when they visit your site.
- Conversion Rate: Knowing your conversion rate help you assess the ROI that your potential website traffic is supposed to generate.
- Google Analytics: Set goals and see how well your website is achieving it. If you set email subscription as a goal and visitor(s) subscribes for your newsletter, Analytics will show that in reports.
- Dwell Time: Measure how long people are spending on your web page and entire website after finding you in the search result.
- Pages per Visit: If your landing page is supposed to engage your visitors and escort to other dedicated pages, then the number of pages seen per visit is a valuable indicator of visitor engagement.
- Bounce Rate: It indicates how many visitors have visited your page but left without navigating further. If your contents are not helpful, the bounce rate will increase.
- Scroll Depth: It measures the time and distance travelled by your visitor to reach the required content.
Measure Organic Traffic
Your website ranking is a useful SEO parameter, but measurement of organic traffic depends on other factors also. Google Analytics is the best way to explore the factors behind traffic generation.
Google Analytics tool allows you to survey traffic on your site per channel. This helps to identify the alarms caused by a particular channel and mitigate the chances.
Google Analytics reports keep you up to date with Dwell Time, Visit on a particular page, Traffic Generated by specific Campaigns, Click through Rate.
Other common SEO measuring factors include the Domain Authority and Page Authority, Ranking Keywords, Backlinks, and Website Audit.
Planning, Prioritizing and Execution
Much of your success depends on the Strategy and proper Execution of the strategies. Once you plan your SEO tasks, prioritize accordingly, and then execute.
Communication is the Key
You need good communication skill comprising your SEO plan, your work time frame, and your business standards, as well as reports to be palpable by your visitors.